Wednesday 20 March 2013

Sticker Fun


For her birthday, Beth's Nanna bought her some geometric shape stickers from France. I really like these as they are brilliant for encouraging imagination. I've had a quick look to see if i could find anything equivalent here, and you can get them from Amazon.

Beth started off trying to copy the suggestions on the tin, but the colours and exact size and number of stickers didn't always match up. I was secretly a bit pleased about this as it felt a bit to prescriptive to have her just copy the images.

Robot
Front 



















The next picture that beth attempted was from the rose from the back of the tin.




She was happy to accept the same colours different shapes and we briefly discussed the anatomy of the flower; where is the stem, petals, leaf, do you know what a sepal is? Beth didn't know what the sepal was so I showed her and asked what she thought it was for. Beth guessed it was left over from the bud. I told her in some flowers it helped to keep the petals together.

The last picture was my favourite. Beth wanted to make the house and sun from the box but changed her mind. So the picture is of me in the sun and rain. Beth added the eyes with pen.



No comments:

Post a Comment